Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Month...

I CAN'T believe the boys are already a month old today. It was a pretty uneventful day and evening so far. We even all got a nap, Abigail, Nana with Ryan sleeping on her, Justin, both dogs and myself if only for a few minutes. Last night the boys did GREAT and slept for 5 hours before they woke up to eat for the first time. Who knows if it was a fluke or something that we have to look forward to.

Today we took pictures of the two boys on the chair, one set in regular onesies and one in Phillies onesies. We're hoping that they will help bring them luck, since Game 5 is being played again tonight.




So how far have we come in a month....

I don't have stats yet on weight and length--they're one month appt. is tomorrow. But the boys still fit in newborn clothes although they're getting tight length wise and 0-3 months tend to fit better, especially on Justin.

Nursing is getting much better. We're still nursing back to back, although we're trying tandem one or two times on day most days. You tend to nurse for about 10-15 min on avg. and tend to eat every 2 hours except one 3 hour stint during the day and then 3 or more hours at night--I can't complain. The boys will also take a bottle which is fantastic, although they're still not given the opportunity all that often, I tend to want them to nurse and not take as much help as maybe I should--we'll see as times goes by that too may change.

Night Time and Sleeping arrangements--well that depends on who, when and where...Ideally they would both be sleeping in the pack n play and eventually both in the same crib. Right now Justin does fairly well with this and spends most nights and most hours of the night there, however if he's not there he's usually in the swing. Ryan tends to spend less time in the pack n play although I'm really trying hard to start him there and get himself to sleep, which he's done better at the past couple of nights. He generally spends some time in the pack n play, some time in the bouncy chair and then in the early morning often in bed with us. I'd prefer not to have him in bed, as it's not a habit that I'd like to get into, but for now sleep is sleep and you do what you have to. And lastly sometimes two or three of us end up on our rocker/recliner. So hopefully I'll be able to update this in a month and have even better news on our sleeping arrangements. Both boys are swaddled, Justin likes to have his left arm out and Ryan looks like our little mummy all wrapped up. Most nights the boys are in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 which is great compared to Abigail at this age who was a night owl and up many nights until between 11 and 1am.

During the days Justin is my morning person and then my sleepy bear during much of the day. Ryan tends to be awake much more throughout the day and at night. When Justin is awake he enjoys playing on his playmat and batting at the duck and bird. He also tracks and follows the mirror with his eyes. He also responds very well to music and singing.

Overall I'd say the family is doing very well. We've gotten out as a family and I've gotten out with all three kiddos and even with just the two boys by myself on a miserable rainy cold day. Zoey is hanging in there, she has had a run in with eating the boys Mylicon. We've even survived a 4 day stint with Guy out of town, where Nana came for two nights and I spent one night alone with the boys while Abigail got to spend her first overnight at Grandma and Grandpa's. Things are still chaotic and we're continuing to figure it all out before it will change again, as it always does with babies. Some days are beyond overwhelming while others go smoothly and you'd never know that we have two newborns and a toddler in the house. So here's to a great month and many many more to come!!




Congrats PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES on a World Series WIN!! On the boys ONE month B-Day!!

No comments: